Pages

Contributors

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday




I had the most AMAZING day!! I got to spend my Easter Sunday in the Holy Land, and I got to see the sun rise from the Garden Tomb!! :) I'll try to document it step by step. 

We woke up at 5:00 AM this morning!! AAHH!! We had to leave the center to get to the Tomb before the service started at 6:30. We walked there in the dark, which was actually really neat :)


 Me and my fantastic roomie, Sara, waiting in line to get into the Garden!


 Pretty much EVERYONE at the Center went,  but I only got a picture with Ashley, Hannah, Janessa, Sara, and Erica.


 The service was AWESOME. I took a lot of videos, but the blog won't let me upload those, so you'll have to wait a while to see them :( But there were SO many people there! And they had a Christian rock band called "King of Kings" band, and they played some really neat stuff. I actually loved it! They had programs that they handed out and they had the words on them, and some of them were really beautiful! People were singing with all their hearts, and many were raising their hands in joy. I saw so many smiles and upturned faces and earnest expressions. So many people love Jesus Christ. It was so neat to be united with so many Christians of different denominations. We are all worshiping the same God, and He loves each and every one of us more than we will ever know. It was really neat to listen to the prayers, music, and sermon. I agreed with every word except when the preacher said that God was one, and the Trinity was one, and stuff like that. Other than that, I felt the spirit and was so inspired by everything. It was SUCH a neat experience! Oh, also they had communion, and everybody was drinking these little cups of wine. I abstained. :) Really, it was one of the top three highlights of things that I have done since being here. I've learned so much about other churches and how we are all children of the same God. I've learned so much about what makes my own faith special, and  how to nurture it and push forward the work of the Lord through example.

And because it is Easter, I want to say something about Jesus Christ! I am so grateful for Him, and I know that He lives! He has conquered death and sin for everyone that has ever lived on this earth! We will all be resurrected through His power. He is the Savior of our souls, and I love Him :) I am grateful for my Savior and His sacrifice for me. Really, to echo the words of apostles, prophets, and faithful Christians all over the world, the most beautiful words that we've ever heard are:

He is not here; for he is risen.





No comments:

Post a Comment