Pages

Contributors

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The family farewell

My incredible family threw a little farewell party for me on Sunday, January 6. It was headed by Mom and Mindy!! Mindy brought all of her Jerusalem keepsakes and displayed them for all to see and touch. She prepared an incredible Jerusalem dinner with Falafal and all the toppings to go with it! She made a beautiful video of the pictures she took when she was there, and while it was playing, explained all about the places, people, and events. It was absolutely inspiring to everyone, and it got me FLIPPIN' excited to go!!
 Mindy's beautifully decorated table. She can do everything, that girl. Nothing can stop her. Amazing.
 My darling nieces and nephews. I am going to miss them SO MUCH. I love them with all my heart!
 With Tiff and Mike and the twins. Mike helped out a ton with fundraising for my trip.
 Last pic with Joe and Kristin for three whole months!!
 My wonderful Dan. I was switching between stuffing my face with falafal and crying because I was already missing everybody so much. Especially him. I couldn't even look at him without crying.
 I love this man. He is the happiest person I know, and he makes me happier than I could ever imagine.
 My sweetest and dearest mother. She helped me every day this entire week to prepare a 50 lb suitcase to contain all the needs of a girl for four months. Miracle worker? I think so.
 There is no one I love hugging more than my mommy.
We also celebrated the birthday of Hailey!! My cute niece turned two, although she informed everyone that she was actually turning five. She loved those balloons!

Some thoughts after this party: I have an incredible family. I am so blessed to have a support group that will rush to my aid in a moment's notice. I am so grateful for the gospel and the power that binds us together as a family for eternity. Even though I will be 8000 miles away, I will feel that sealing power bring us close in times of my loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment