Pages

Contributors

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Goodbye to Dan

My sweet boyfriend took me on a lovely date for our last day together. We went to DI and got matching ugly sweaters. Aren't we beautiful? He's introducing a new style with the belly-shirt sweater, and I'm bringing back the turtleneck. Dan took me to Olive Garden, where we ate TONS of delicious food and talked and laughed like crazy humans. I love this kid and his sense of adventure. 
 This is Dan's profile, something I see frequently when he's driving me around. I have seen this almost every day for the past eight months, and I will miss it dearly.
The last picture we took together.

It was very hard to say goodbye to Dan tonight. I couldn't believe how hard it was, actually. Walking away from him and getting in Mom's car was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Dan bore his testimony to me about Heavenly Father, which was the perfect goodbye. His testimony was one of the first things that I loved about him, and it has served as a strength and example to me. I hope that while I'm in Jerusalem, I can come as close to God as Dan is.

 It is going to be a very rough four months without his companionship, but everything is going to be OKAY!!

I love this kid, more than I can understand sometimes. To be the one that holds his heart makes me the luckiest girl in the world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment