Ben decided he wanted to ask one of his friends to Junior Prom!! Mom and I took it upon ourselves to help him. Ben came up with the cute idea of sending her on a little driving scavenger hunt. We took pictures of these street addresses and put them on the back of clues. Her reward for going to the address was a letter of his name.
Her last clue was at Nielson's, where she was told to "go inside and give her name to the cashier for the final clue." Ben had pre-paid for a concrete, and she was given the concrete, a bouquet of blue daisies, and her last clue as the reward for going on the scavenger hunt! It was adorable.
Ben with the flowers and clues.
With the balloons on the signs. It was a pretty crazy adventure--Mom, Kara, Ben, and I all piled into Mom's new car to help. The whole time we were only minutes ahead of the seeking car, trying frantically to set up clues and disappear before they arrived. Much of the conversation in the car consisted of screaming, screaming, and more screaming. Everything turned out okay in the end, and Ben's future date texted him "Thanks Ben, that was really cute :)"
We all celebrated with a Nielson's after the chaos was over. I, being the good older sister I am, embarrassed Ben in front of all his friends by dancing like a maniac in front of the outside pick up counter. Ben was mortified, but delighted at the same time. I know he secretly loves me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment